Former ADC Presidential candidate, Dumebi Kachikwu.
By EZEKIEL OBI, Abuja –
The African Democratic Congress (ADC) has suspended its Presidential Candidate for the 2023 general elections, Dumebi Kachikwu.
ADC’s Deputy National Chairman (Politics), Bamidele Ajadi, announced the suspension in a statement after an emergency meeting of its National Working Committee (NWC) which was held on Friday.
Anadi said the NWC accused Kachikwu of anti-party activities, defamation, and other acts of gross misconduct.
He said, the NWC had great concern about what it said was a baseless and defamatory video made, published, and circulated by Kachikwu, which was intended to disparage and impugn the integrity and image of a peaceful and transformation-oriented African Democratic Congress and its National Officers.
He said, “Dumebi’s speech in the video, contravened the principles and values upon which ADC is founded and the specific provision of Article 16 of the ADC Constitution”.
The NWC accused Kachikwu of several other actions aimed at maligning the NWC members and of failing to provide any roadmap of his plans for the general elections.
These actions or inactions, according to the NWC, have put the chances of the party in the elections in jeopardy.
“His negative actions and/or inactions so far, have put in jeopardy the fate and prospects of all our candidates contesting for various offices across the country,” it said.
“The committee of the whole house, in a very clear and unequivocal term condemned the said video in its entirety and described it as a piece of badly crafted blackmail and mudslinging, and thereby unanimously recommended his immediate suspension from the party from today, Friday 2nd September 2022.”

